Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Be One with Yourself

I've come to enjoy what I used to fear; the water. What made it so scary was that I could hear myself breathe and there was nothing to listen to but myself. Today, as I was walking to the pool, I was really excited to have 20 - 25 minutes of silence. After being bullied via email and then told to grovel until I could not go any lower, all I wanted to do was get away.

The silence of the pool took me away from the continuous badgering of Manhattan. I never thought I would call Manhattan home as I enjoy the serenity of a more suburban life, but Manhattan has more to offer than I could have every imagined. But some times, I need to rest and get away. As I have been often categorized, I am Type A-; not A and not B, but A-. Manhattan brings out more of the A than the minus. It's a good thing that I lived in California straight out of college - it certainly brings out more of the minus (which is a good thing) than the A. Otherwise, I would probably be a much different person and on my way to my first heart attack or maybe even a psychiatric ward, especially when my OCD is in full force.

Unfortunately, I could not escape from the world for long enough. A short workout in the pool and then, it is back to the grind of the work day. Luckily, I am supposed to run 3 or so miles, today - the first double workout I think I've ever had. But what makes the day even better is that Tuesday is Farmer's Market day - at least until mid-November. And today, the awesome fudge brownie was an awesome fudge pumpkin brownie - DELICIOUS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment