Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another swim in the bank...

Man, swimming has to be one of the most tiring sports. I swam for 25 minutes at most and I was asleep before my head hit the pillow last night and definitely through my alarm this morning. I did try a little bit of a workout in the pool - not just swimming laps back and forth. For 8 lengths of the pool, I swam without using any leg power - just arms. And for 8 lengths of the pool, I swam without using my arms - just leg power. What a difference it makes!

And with the switch-up, I more or less was able to count how many laps I did to total about 36 (hopefully, I lost count and I swam more). Even if I have nothing to think about, I can't keep track of how many laps I do - it's just too many laps to track in my head. A few years ago, I swam with a friend after work and we would bring pennies to track how many laps. Some days, when they switched the lanes to go from the width of the pool to the length of the pool, it was easy to track.

Lesson learned: If you want to track your laps, find a longer pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment