Sunday, September 19, 2010

18 miles down and 5 weeks to go...

After last week's inevitable injury, I did not run an ounce - which probably helped for my 18 mile run this morning. Perfect weather; pretty good run. I ran three loops around the park and many hills later, I was back home getting ready for class - boy did I really want to go back to sleep.

While on my run though, I thought about ALL the things I would write in my blog - like the book that Murakami wrote on what he thinks about when he runs. But in reality, I don't think about much (and I also don't listen to music). Sometimes the miles pass by really quickly and other times, I wish I was already finished - mostly because I'm hungry and want to eat. If you've ever run a marathon, you know that the gel you suck down to give yourself a boost of energy is nothing like eating a full meal. Speaking of which, my "pre-race" meal last night was fantastic: baked potato with cheese and greek yogurt, baked beans, tomatoes sauteed in leftover bacon fat and a portion of pasta with salt and butter (since when do I like pasta with butter?).

So...after 4.5 hours of being on my feet (includes walking to the start, standing at the start and walking home from the finish) and 3 hours of class, I'm pooped and going to take a nap. My only hope is that my nap turns into a full night's rest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading the Murakami book again. It's making me want to run, but my bed has a stronger will.

    ReplyDelete